British military magazine “Jane’s Defence Weekly” published fairly lengthy article dedicated to the resurgent Serbian defence industry. Featured in the article were Serbia’s newly developed NORA B-52 self-propelled howitzer, the “Lazar” armored personnel carrier and “Alas” missiles.
Some facts featured by Janes regarding the the B-52 NORA
- Equipped with 36 – 155mm projectiles
- Automatic charging system ensuring high rate of fire.
- Maximum range of up to 41.2 kilometers.
- Future ammunition for the NORA will reach 65 kilometers and a laser-guided projectiles.
- The NOR B-52 only takes a minute to deploy greatly increasing the chances of avoiding return fire from the enemy.
- Includes computerized control system and GPS.
- Crew and weapons are protected by armor providing protection from small caliber bullets, shrapnel and mines.
- Combat weight of 34 tons
- 410 horsepower diesel engine with maximum speed of 80 kph and an operating range of up to 1000 kilometers.